Old buildings can be scary places. Asylums are definitely scary places. An old abandoned asylum? That’s grounds for a heart attack, and that’s exactly what Senscape are aiming to give you with the H.P. Lovecraft inspired horror game, Asylum.
Gameplay features a full 3D world in which you can look in any direction, however you can’t just walk around as you see fit. In a style not unlike games such as Myst and Riven, you click to move yourself from ‘screen’ to ‘screen’. This means you’ll have a certain vulnerability since you’ll be focusing less on running and gunning and more on paying attention to clues and looking for helpful items even with all the scary visuals and soundtrack. Asylum looks to have created an atmosphere many AAA studios aim for, but seldom reach.
- A mature and disturbing horror storyline that will haunt you for years to come
- High definition graphics that remain sharp on the largest monitors
- One of the biggest virtual buildings ever created for a game
- Around 100 rooms to explore in breathtaking detail
- Featuring the voice of industry veteran Josh Mandel
- Over 15 hours of gameplay estimated