Editor’s note: Kingdoms has been greenlit! Congratulations to the Ironhide crew, you’ve earned it!
Kingdom Rush features several RPG-inspired elements that allow players to personalize their approach to waging war on the invading enemy forces. Players can deploy heroes that level up during the course of a battle, unlocking skills and increasing their effectiveness. Each hero possesses a unique skillset, so depending on the stage or your strategy, one might benefit you more than another. For instance, if you require more ranged support, the heroic archer Alleria Swiftwind would be your best choice whereas those needing a tank should look to Sir. Gerald Lightseeker, a paladin in full platemail. Moreover, as you beat levels you are awarded stars which can be used to upgrade your tower’s abilities. Whether it be increasing your archers’ attack range or helping your artillery towers do even more splash damage, these upgrades help to bolster your strategy and are essential for completing the more strategically challenging later levels.
Steam users will also be excited to know that Ironhide Game Studio is not simply porting the original Flash version of the game over to PC, as they are completely rewriting the game and improving upon the original design. Improvements to the interface and to the menu systems will certainly help fans of the game transition from iOS to Steam, and the full resolution graphical experience will surely excite. Moreover, the greenlit PC version would include additional content not originally released on iOS, including new towers, achievements monsters, stages, heroes, and an additional undead campaign.
• 8 specialized tower upgrades to customize your strategy! Mighty Barbarians, Arcane Wizards, Forest Rangers to name a few.
• Over 18 tower abilities! Have your Sorcerers summon earth elementals and polymorph your enemies!
• Over 30 different enemies, from Goblins to Demons each with their own skills!
• Intense boss fights never seen on a defense game!
• Over 20 stages featuring 2 Campaigns and extra bonus stages with new challenges!
• Hours of gameplay with over 50 achievements
• Extra game modes that will challenge your tactical skills to the limit.
• Full screen High definition awesome illustrated cartoon graphics!
• In-game encyclopedia with information from your towers and enemies.
Even if you’ve already lost dozens of hours of sleep playing Kingdom Rush well into the night on mobile, get on Greenlight right now and cast your vote. This is a game that should be in everyone’s library.
Have your say!
Who’s your favorite hero in Kingdom Rush? What tower do you think is the best? Would you agree with me if I were to say that I think that Legionnaire reinforcements are the most valuable unit in the game? Let me know what you think in the comments below!